AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Music Lovers:

I splurged on a new mid-range CD player (Marantz SA8004).

If I have $50 to spend on a new set of RCA Interconnects, what should I get?

Thanks for your suggestions!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Order up some of these and you will have lots of money left over.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

You can even get the 6ft version for less than 50 cents more. I have some of those $50 RCA's that you are thinking about getting. I got them for a huge discount. I use them along with the Monoprice RCA's for my dedicated amps and there is no difference in sound. The Monoprice cables have nice connectors and nice shielding. Just as nice as the more expensive ones that I own.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamZX11 /forum/post/0

I like these:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=181-652

A bit overpriced, but they look nice, very flexable, connections aren't too tight, excellent quality, and they get them to me overnight. As far as the sound? Exactly like every other cable I have ever used. Perfect.

I agree, these are really nice cables. More than you need to spend, but they are quality and look nice.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef /forum/post/19634667

Good choice! I have all MIT cabling in my reference system.

Oops, I lied (sort of), I'm only using the MIT EXp1 interconnects for my Oppo BD player now. I upgraded the interconnects on the Luxman CD/SACD player to MIT Shotgun MA interconnects about a month ago.

BTW Lodef, I would be interested in what your reference system consist of. Send you a PM.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Step into a studio and you will Switchcraft or similar patch cables used in the effects racks etc and these cables average about 10.00 ea and are equipped with TSR plugs.

No cables found in a studio will be the audiophool esoteric WalletDrainer series. The reason is simple: the REAL engineers KNOW what the signals are and what affects them , and it AIN'T the cables.

If I was a dishonest person and relied on the gullibility of some folks to 100% false claims about mega buck cables, I could sell my own series and make an easy buck.

Don't forget the wooden knobs and cable lifters. Perhaps wrapping the cryogenically treated cables in a nice thick Egyptian cotton comforter will strike a balance between the super cold and the warm and cozy feel so the soundstage opens to a broadway size stage with the natural resonance of a limestone cavern.

I just KNOW you will hear a difference. I hear this can even change the key a song is played in if the wrapping is done juuuust right.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef
Good choice! I have all MIT cabling in my reference system.
Another MIT cable guy here. I use AVt1 IC's out of my source to my integrated and biwire AVt1's to my speakers.

·
Banned
3,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 /forum/post/19637577

Another MIT cable guy here. I use AVt1 IC's out of my source to my integrated and biwire AVt1's to my speakers.

Yup, I have the old trusted Terminator 2 series. I have tried other brands over the years, some even more expensive but I always end up going back to them so now I don't even bother to replace them anymore.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

I'll may splurge on the MIT cables...

·
Registered
265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamZX11 /forum/post/19620150

I like these:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=181-652

A bit overpriced, but they look nice, very flexable, connections aren't too tight, excellent quality, and they get them to me overnight. As far as the sound? Exactly like every other cable I have ever used. Perfect.

I run those cables in my system. I also run the matching coax, optical and HDMI cables. They look very nice and are well made. As William stated, they sound like every other cable.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjaye /forum/post/19645913

You absolutely should not. MIT is poor-quality overpriced crud.

If you want broadcast studio reference cabling, go with Belden or Canare sold by bluejeans.

Disregard the anti-science trolls.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles /forum/post/19647313

If you want broadcast studio reference cabling, go with Belden or Canare sold by bluejeans.

But then he won't get "3 Articulation Poles".

Amazing the claims people are wiling to believe.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjaye /forum/post/19645913

If you try the MIT's, then it would be interesting to know what your impressions are. I would trust your own judgement, and not let anyone here discourage you from trying new things in your system.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles

But then he won't get "3 Articulation Poles".

Amazing the claims people are willing to believe.

^^^^^+100

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.