AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering (in addition to the question in my other post) the 43" vs. 50" Pioneer (PDP-4330HD vs. Pioneer PDP-5030HD).

I sit about 9-10 feet away, and will be watching a fair amount of regular cable TV (and mostly DVDs otherwise).

I'd love the larger size, but am obviously worried about the picture quality.

Any advice?

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
The Pioneer 503CMX 50" model would be ideal for 9-10feet. Great picture quality at that distance. Around $6000 including the required 5002 video card at many internet dealers.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Are you suggesting the 50" in general, or the Pioneer 503CMX w/ card instead of the PDP-5030HD?

Actually, I just saw your response to my other post. So, I'm now very confused as you've introduced a 3rd contender!

I didn't know there are 3 Pioneer 50" Plasmas (the 503CMX, the PDP-5030HD, and the Elite). Any chance I can bug you (or anyone) about the differences?

I appreciate the help.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
The 503CMX is the cheapest but best model that most on this forum have purchased, so you will get a lot more recomendations and info about that one. The other two are sold only be expensive retail stores. One of the retail versions uses an external meda box (made by Sharp) that is regarded around this forum as having lower quality than the type used in the 503CMX which is upgradeable, a highly regarded advantage. I would say for your distance a 50" is ideal, no matter what model. But the Pioneer 503CMX is the best bange for the buck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.