AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

$500 (firm) budget for a receiver w/ HDMI

1020 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Knucklehead90
I am currently looking at Pioneer and Denon but I am open to any brand. What I need is HDMI that can decode HD sound. That is the most important function that I need from the receiver. If the receiver supports flac files (off a external HD) that is a plus!

Any suggestions? I am open to refurbished items as well. $500 is the budget and I will not spend a penny more. $400 is preferred unless the deal is truly killer.

Setup:

PS3, XBOX, Tivo HD

Pioneer KRP-500M

I know some receivers have issues with the PS3 ( I think Pioneer..
)

Thanks

-John
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
The Yamaha 863 is popping up as open box for $400-$500 at many BB stores. I just got one last night and talked them down to $330.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish /forum/post/16881983

The Yamaha 863 is popping up as open box for $400-$500 at many BB stores. I just got one last night and talked them down to $330.

May have to take a ride over Thanks wish!
You can get a Denon 889 (2309) refurbed for around $500. I just did at Dakmart and it came with a 1 year warranty. Mixed reviews about Dakmart it seems but my receiver arrived quickly and thier communication was great.
Any other suggestions? Looks like my best buy is all out
See less See more
Head over to 6ave.com. They are running their "name your price" promotion. I just picked up a Denon 2310CI for $589, regular price $799.

I suggest putting a bid on the Pioneer 1019 or Denon 1910 @ 499 and 549 retail. Offer a 150 or so below and see if it gets accepted. Then you'd have a great receiver for less than 500 bucks.

Jerry
 The Marantz SR6001 is a nice unit. Can't say that it's a beauty but function is what is important.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.