AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I began my to assemble a home theater. I went to the one of the NY area's higher end/more reputable dealers, rather than a national chain with "know nothing" salespeople. We discussed a 53' projection HDTV, a 5 piece + sub KEF speaker system, receiver/DVD/VCR, etc. Being somewhat literate on the topic, nothing I was told surprised me, other that being charged $500 for calibration of the new set.

Wouldn't this be something that the dealer should include/I could do myself?

Just curious...

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you get an ISF, then yes that sounds about right. I would wait until you get about 100 hours on the TV before you get it ISF'd.

Jim

·
Registered
809 Posts
For a HDTV ready rear projector, the $500 I charge includes: a set's health check out to make sure there are no defects, full screen convergence for all aspect ratios, geometry check out and correction available with the set's service geometry controls, electronic focus, setting one input's color,tint etc, correcting red push if available and setting the gray scale for 6500K. Other services available (at additional charge) mechanical focus, HDTV convergence and HDTV gray scale (if available) and setting user controls for HDTV. To do this the calibrator must have a color analyzer and a color alignment generator that can generate 480i,480p, 720p (if needed for the particular set) and 1080i

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Just curious, where in NY did u go? Since you are in NJ maybe you should give gary a try since he seems reputable around here.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.