AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of tonight, my 5160 cannot complete an update: It gets almost completely through and at the very end as its "combining data" reports "there was a problem transferring information form the ReplayTV service. ReplayTV will try again later."

It's been this way for a few hours, tried doing a cold boot, etc., no luck. My 4508 is able to complete the update successfully.

Any ideas?

:confused:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Stopping around 80%? This is normal. It means the update is coming soon but not available to everyone yet. Around 80% is after its got all the guide data and stuff, so its all good.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
Stopping around 80%? This is normal. It means the update is coming soon but not available to everyone yet. Around 80% is after its got all the guide data and stuff, so its all good.
Are you implying that the new software is about to be released? :D

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
My forced net connects are failing to complete as well, indicating

error transferring data.

I don't know if there is a new release getting ready to go.

I do know that my transparent proxy is telling me the get

software RNS step:

http://production.replaytv.net/cgi-bin/2.0/getsw.pl?

is returning HTTP 490 instead of it's usual HTTP 304 "Not Modified"

I don't know what HTTP 490 is, but every other RNS step seems

to be returning HTTP 200 "OK" or HTTP 304 "Not Modified" which

is what they normally return, so the Get Software step is the likely

culprit for why the net connect is saying there is an error.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I should have been more specific: I meant the "regular" daily updates for channel guide, zones, etc.

The last update on my machine was 4-22, and I had a "message" that communication had failed (or whatever that generic "failed to connect" message is within the main Replay menu).

Every time I tried to do a manual net connect via 243 zones it failed exactly the same way with the same message as described.

I have not had a chance to check today as of yet to see if this is resolved, I'll update this post when I do.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TMOSteel
I meant the "regular" daily updates
The answers above apply to the regular daily update as well as a forced net connect.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by l8er
The answers above apply to the regular daily update as well as a forced net connect.
Thanks for clarifying that.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TMOSteel
The last update on my machine was 4-22, and I had a "message" that communication had failed (or whatever that generic "failed to connect" message is within the main Replay menu).
I just happened to look at the MENU today...and noticed I had a message....both my 5000's have this message.

Quote:
Your ReplayTV was unable to receive data from the ReplayTV Service because of missing information on the server. Another attempt will be made later.
Isn't this around the time that the D&M acquisition is to complete?

Both mine last successfully connected between in the early morning of the 23rd (1:09am and 1:58am)....

The Dreamer

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDreamer
Isn't this around the time that the D&M acquisition is to complete?
Guide data is still being updated even with this error message. Historically, this error message has appeared just before a new software udpate is released.

·
Registered
915 Posts
If your channel guide is short, clear it and force a connection. I was getting the error after combining data, so I cleared and forced a connection...

Lyndon

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by l8er
Historically, this error message has appeared just before a new software udpate is released.
I'm hoping this is the case. Are we due for new software???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.