AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Some will say yes, but I would content with a 5020FD. It depends if you need picture adjustment and calibration, then the 111FD is worth the difference.

Chris

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/14317488

Some will say yes, but I would content with a 5020FD. It depends if you need picture adjustment and calibration, then the 111FD is worth the difference.

Chris

Does the 5020 need more calibration tools? Are 5020 owners satisfied with the tools available to them?

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
Both are great it comes down to your budget and yes the tweaking ability is much greater on the Elite. Also should take a look at them at the stores.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ended up going with the 5020 and I couldn't be happier.
The 111 may be a better set but I didn't see as big of a difference in performance between them as I did with the 110 and 5010. The differences that I saw were very subtle and I actually thought the 5020 offered better black levels than the 111.
The movie mode on the 5020 is great and offers an incredible picture. I think it's easily the best picture that you can get for under $4k.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyel M /forum/post/14318175

I ended up going with the 5020 and I couldn't be happier.
The 111 may be a better set but I didn't see as big of a difference in performance between them as I did with the 110 and 5010. The differences that I saw were very subtle and I actually thought the 5020 offered better black levels than the 111.
The movie mode on the 5020 is great and offers an incredible picture. I think it's easily the best picture that you can get for under $4k.

Glad you are happy with your net set!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts