AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make a decision about the table top stand and I keep reading around that they include feet with the unit. Wondering what the unit looks like on the feet as opposed to the table top stand. Every vendor seems to display the picture of the unit on the PDK-TS01 table top stand (which I will probably get). In addition, if anyone has any pictures of the PDP 503 table top stand (this is the one that Dell has in stock, it's different somehow, i'm concerned that this one is curved as opposed to the right angle base of the PDK-TS01).

If someone could even just describe what the feet and/or the PDP 503 table top stand look like.

·
Super Moderator
21,495 Posts
2 plastic feet come with the 503

each one is 12" long x 2.5: wide x 3.5" high with an opening on top to accept the plasma- there are holes for a fastener to secure the plasma to the mount and to a surface: the bottom of the plasma sets up about 1 inch when on the feet

I consider these OK for temporary setup of the display but you may want to do something better for the long term

Mark

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm...well I've managed to get a vendor to $245 including delivery for the PDK-TS01 stand, that's the one you normally see the unit sitting on. I like that stand because it creates a little 'float' effect. The feet I think seem to anchor the unit (visually I mean). This is similar to the problem I have with using a wall mount, it just looks like part of the wall. The only remaining concern is how to light the damn thing to improve the black levels. I've read one post on directing lights behind the screen but then you have to max the contrast and supposedly that'll shorten the life of the unit. Course not that I know what I'm talking about at all here...

I think the base that Dell is selling looks like the one on this link...
http://www.dtvexpress.com/plasma-tvs...-pdp503mx.html

Picture of display with feet

Picture of display on the PDK-TS01 base The only problem I see with this base is that it's silver and the display is gray, or are my eyes fooling me?

·
Registered
195 Posts
No, you eyes are not fooling you. I have the PDK-TS01 stand (although I haven't mounted the screent to it yet - waiting on a new A/V stand from Billy Bags), and it is a lighter grey than the frame of the 503.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Pioneer did that. I'm not saying it looks bad - but you have to wonder why they didn't match these things up, color-wise. It just would look better if it were the same as the 503 frame.

Rich

·
Registered
475 Posts
llogan,

The feet did not have the secure feeling that I needed. I have the PDK-TS01 stand. Arrived yesterday. The base is part plastic and part metal. The vertical supports are black metal. It looks very nice. It is not silver, but a slightly lighter, and semi-glossy, shade of gray than the plasma. I won't tell you what I paid for it (too much). But it is specifically made by Pioneer for the 503 (important to me).:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.