AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I traded in a 4504 for a 5040 which came yesterday. I plugged my 5040 into the WET-11 and expected it to "just work" since that is what my 4504 did. No dice. No IP address. I am starting to get worried since it took a month to get this 5040 and the Fall Season begins shortly. I plug the 5040 into the wired lan and it is all good. I am thinking maybe the WET-11 bit the big one but it works fine if I plug it into my PC. Anyway, long story short I had to manually assign the 5040 an IP address that was outside the DHCP block but on the same subnet as my router and everything works now. Is there a reason for that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think the problem occurs because of the 5.0 software upgrade. Before this all was well. I have tried different setups with my wet11 and 5040 . I have the same setup that worked perfectly before the 5.0 upgrade. What happens is that the ip address shows in the replay software but it is not correct. What I have to do is go into setup under network and renew and then everything works. I have tried setting a static IP outside the dhcp range, but this did not work as well for me. What exactly did you set on the wet11 and on your router for the range and what did you assign to the 5040. Maybe there is something that will work perfectly with the 5.0 software. The only thing I worry about is that the 5.1 software will change everything again.

Al

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have two 5040s running 5.0 build 110 connected to a WET11 via a switch. Try rebooting the WET11 as well as all the Replays connected to it.

My "Replay Network" has been up for over a week with DHCP active with no problems. The wired "Replay Network" connects to my DSL connection/router via the wireless bridge.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also have a 5040 running 5.0 build 110 connected directly to a WET11. I would put a static IP addres in your WET and your Replay if rebooting doesn't work as suggested by MM. I have seen some flaky DHCP behavior at times and static IP's usually did the trick.

Judge

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would like a clarification if possible of the following.

I have my router set to use dhcp with pool starting at 192.168.0.1 with a count of 32. The primary and secondary DNS are zero's. I have 3 computers and their IP and mac addresses listed. The wet11 is statically set as 192.168.0.62 which is outside the dhcp range of 32 (from .1) . The 5040 is set to automatically get ip address because this works the best for me. The problem is that the DNCP table of the router sometimes shows the mac address of the wet11 at the ip address of where the 5040 is automatically set at ( eg. at 192.168.0.3). At other times, the dhcp table shows the mac address of the actual 5040 at the ip address listed in the setup of the 5040. The problem only occassionally occurs at the lease renewal and I have to go to the 5040 setup under network and renew and then everything is OK including DVarchive working.

Does anybody actually understand what is happening sometimes? It seems to me to be a bug in the software.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.