AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I didn't see this exact problem in the faq's, if I missed it I do apologize.

I have a 5040 and every so often it freezes and gives me the swirl screen or some other screen.

However, this time it froze, and I am not getting any screen, just the tv shows on ch.3. I have let it sit most of the day without power, and tried starting it up. The blue light comes on, the tv screen goes black for 5-10 seconds then the black screen goes away and its whatever tv show is playing on ch. 3.

Ive also tired pushing the power button (which results in the black screen for 5-10 seconds). Nothing seems to give me the swirl screen or the wait screen. Disconnecting all the cords, nothing seems to work.

Also, when the replaytv blue light is on, the fan is not spinning, even when i boot up or restart. I can hear the HD spin, thats all.

Anyone know how to fix this one? At least get me to a menu screen or a swirl screen?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
This is exactly how a 5000 will act when connected to TV by coaxial and it fails to boot. Replacing the hard drive will very likely fix it. I offer ready to boot drive if need be or take a look at www.replaytvupgrade.com for information how to create one yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.