AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great forum and although I've only owned my ReplayTV unit for about a week, I feel like I've been using it for years.

However, I've searched and searched, but I still have 1 problem pulling shows off my 5040 unit with ReplayPC:

I can't figure out which show is which!

I can download the guide, but it doesn't seem that any of the guide parsers work for the 5040 format. I can download the directory listing, but the files are only identified with long numbers (e.g. 1234567891.mpg).

Is there a working guide parser for the 5040 or is there some way to manually decipher the ReplayPC file names?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Manually deciphering them involves looking at the guide on your TV, comparing show time to File timestamp and presto, you know which show 23154987946546.mpg actually is.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:
Is there a working guide parser for the 5040 or is there some way to manually decipher the ReplayPC file names?
The ReplayTV file "number" is one of those Unix/Linux things; i.e. the number of seconds elapsed since 12:00am Jan. 1, 1970. A web search might likely find a utility that does this sort of calculation for you. Doing it manually is a bummer!

Obviously the file with the largest number will be the most recent. The second largest number will denote the next-to-most recent recording, etc.

Regards,

Warren

·
Registered
140 Posts
 Here is an example web page that will do the conversion for you, if you have JavaScript turned on.

(Note that if you enter the number "23154987946546" from the above message you'll get a garbage date; that's because that wasn't a real filename. :) Try a number like "1038729597" instead.)

Jim

·
Registered
423 Posts
Jim wrote:
Quote:
(Note that if you enter the number "23154987946546" from the above message you'll get a garbage date; that's because that wasn't a real filename. Try a number like "1038729597" instead.)
Jim,

Actually, you'll get a date that is *only* 773,000 or so years in the future. Asimov wouldn't have a problem with that!

EXCELLENT response! Website is very helpful.

Thanks for helping the community.

Regards,

Warren

·
Registered
483 Posts
ya know, you guys crack me up, anyway =P

I use htttpfs -a 192.168.1.100 ls -l Video

lists the files, with sizes and datestamps, no thinking involved.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have a version of GuideParser that should work on the 5000 but I consider it alpha code. If you're interested in helping me test this, please send an email to [email protected] . I do not have a 5000 of my own so some of this is stabbing in the dark.

And Cyrl, it's httpfs ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
GAH, once again killin me =P ttttttthpt.... or is that ttthpt? I forget.. =)

Anyway, check yer email, if you want on weekends, I can make changes to my guide, rip it email to you, etc etc so youc an work on some.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I ran into a bug in rtvguide within the current ReplayPC package. It corrupts guide files -- the problem has been fixed for the next release -- but in the meantime you might want to just use the replaypc IPaddress -g option.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:
I ran into a bug in rtvguide within the current ReplayPC package. It corrupts guide files -- the problem has been fixed for the next release -- but in the meantime you might want to just use the replaypc IPaddress -g option.
Thanks for the 'heads-up.'

Regards,

Warren

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Or just use an OS that doesn't make an artificial distinction between text and binary modes...

grumble

sorry about that folks

·
Registered
483 Posts
So far it's worked flawlessly for me, if I run across anythign I'll be sure to email you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.