AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5040 locked up last night for no particular reason. I left it alone overnight, hoping it would eventually fix or reboot itself, but it was still hung this morning. I power cycled it, and now on startup it just sits at the "please wait..." screen forever. Every minute or so I see a green (?) flash for an instant, and then it goes back to please waiting. I also hear a quiet little bleeping noise every once in a while, I'm not sure what might be causing that.

I saw someone else suggest disconnecting the network and rebooting, which didn't seem to do anything when I tried it.

Has anyone seen and/or resolved this problem? Do I have to ship it back for repairs? (this seems like a dicey prospect with the current state of things) Do I have to rip it apart and put a new image on the drive? Thanks.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
I recently had the same prob, I reset my router and it took off running,

· Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem with my 5040. I just sent it back to ReplayTV. Let's see how long it takes for them to send me another one. Hopefully I won't have to wait as long as I am waiting for my rebates.

· Registered
56 Posts
I had similar problems and wondered about sending it back to SB. But others where getting theirs returned in about a week, so I tried too. I just got mine back yesterday (after a week). Actually, it's a refurbished unit, and it had problems just as BAD...would not respond to the remote at all, and a very noisy fan.

Waiting for RMA to send this one back as well. I hope I get a good one soon....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.