AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 5040 yesterday and I tried to send a show to a friend who also have a 5040 but I keep getting the cannot contact unit message. He cannot send to me either.

Can someone send me a short clip to see if im working?

00004-54832-33204

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sorry, Audio I could not contact your unit. Have you made sure you have the same port forwarded in your router as you have entered in your Internet sharing?

Dennis

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, I have the ports forwarded. I have a weird network setup. The cable modem is hooked to a DLink 704P. I also have a Linksys BEFSR41 hooked to the dlink.

The dlink virtual server setup is supposed to forward the port, and i know my linksys ports are forwarded.

I'm assuming this is the problem. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could I bug someone to try and send me a clip again?

I rewired the network. Got rid of that POS dlink router and now using the Linksys hooked to the cable modem, and a hub hooked from the router hooked to my replaytv.

00004-54832-33204

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Clip sent; xmfan, right?

Can you do me a favor and send it back? I've been having some network issues, and I'm not sure I can receive.

Thanks. (000040-54831-41272)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i received your show and accepted it, but it's not downloading. Staying at 0MB and 0KB/s on the network meter.

I'll try and send you something...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Be patient...these transfers are S-L-O-W. It's normal to show 0 for a while.

Also, my replay is playing and recording; which I assume will affect the speeds. I still haven't confirmed this; anyone?

Let me know how long it takes to D/L. I'm on a 1500/256 ADSL line now, soon to be 1500/384 and I'd be interested how the speed increase will affect the transfers.

BTW, what kind of connection are you on?

***6:14pm central time: I see your download has begun (activity on my router)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm capped at around 2000 down and 400 up

I'm downloading your show now at around 28KB/s.

All seems to be working now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Chain777

(00004-54831-41272)

I sent you a test clip...let me know if you recieve...try to send one back

I am 00004-54831-61067

·
Registered
6 Posts
I sent one to audiolocator at 832-33204

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
@modeem

I received your clip and I'm trying to D/L now.

I'm having some network problems; I'm pretty sure it's on my end.

I'll post as soon as I figure this out...and send you back a clip.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally posted by modeem
I sent one to audiolocator at 832-33204
Got your send. Tried sending you something but it said "Remote ReplayTV offline". but you were added to the address book...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do I need to Registery my ReplayTV somewhere?

All I've done so far is foward a port, and add a couple people to my address book.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by audiolocator
Got your send. Tried sending you something but it said "Remote ReplayTV offline". but you were added to the address book...
@audiolocator

Were you able to download the clip? I had the same problem; I received the show, but when I 'accepted' it I couldn't D/L. If so, it's a problem on modeems end.

BTW, that clip I sent you last night took about 40 minutes on my end to upload...pretty pathetic considering it was only a 2 minute medium quality clip. The one you sent me took over an hour?! I don't know how much of a factor our actual upload/download speeds have to do with this, maybe it's just the replay servers are running slow?

I wish someone would comment on this. Are we capped by our own speeds, or do the replay servers (I'm assuming IVS is being handled by remote servers) affect transfer rates?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
his show he sent me failed. Something on his end.

Ya, i noticed when it was sending you the clip, it was going around 8-10KB/s. Not sure why. I usually get around 50KB/s upload.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

All I've done so far is foward a port, and add a couple people to my address book.
Not sure what the problem is on your end. You can send requests, but not send shows or receive requests.

Try changing the port to another one on both your replaytv and router. Then connect to the RTV service. See if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:

You need to configure your router to send/receive shows.

Post details of your setup, and I'm sure someone can help you get set up.:cool: (Heathriel, you out there?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, My I didn't have the port setup on my replay.

Should be set now

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Ok, My I didn't have the port setup on my replay.

Should be set now
Still can't contact you. And starting another thread won't help. Post you router model/PC configuration and we can help.

@audiolocator

I sent you the same clip as last night just to be sure it wasn't a problem on my end; you can accept if you want. If you do, let me know how the transfer speed goes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.