AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a new 5040 to my network with my 4508. The two Replays are connecting to the network fine, in fact, they are on the same switch. I can ping both units from my WinXP computer using ICS to share my DirecWay satellite connection. However, they will not show the Replay Guide for each other. The 5040 shows there is a another Replay on the network (in the Replay Guide upper right corner) but does not display any of its recorded shows. Same thing from the 4508, it shows there is another Replay on the network but will not display the Replay Guide from the other (5040) Replay. Also, interestingly, DVArchive shows the Guide from the 4508 but not from the 5040. DVArchive shows there is a 5040 on the network, but it doesn't display its guide.

Any ideas what is going on here? I would really like to share my recordings between the two Replays, it's one of the main reasons I got another one.

Stan

·
Registered
321 Posts
The search function works now. Please use it.

DVArchive currently does not work with 5xxx units.

The 5xxx units have different software than the 4xxx units. SonicBlue said they will release a software update to make the 4xxx and 5xxx units compatable in the first quarter of 2003.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that, Tiyuri, my bad. Didn't mean to inconvenience you like that.

You know, you didn't have to read or even answer the post if you knew the info was found in the search function. I was under the impression when I bought the 5040 that they worked with the 4500s and it didn't even occur to me that this wasn't the case, otherwise, I would have done a search first. I promise to be better.

Thanks for the info, though.

Stan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.