AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed on my replay 5040 i can no longer translucently see through show descriptions like i could on my 4504 and my showstopper (guide only with showstopper though). i checked the HUD settings in the options menu and it's set for translucent. I remember hearing about some bug with translucency of the HUD on 4xxx's when parental controls were enabled, but I definitely don't have that enabled.

Just wondering if this is normal or not? the fact that there's a menu option for setting translucency makes me believe that it should be that way...

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikea28
i noticed on my replay 5040 i can no longer translucently see through show descriptions like i could on my 4504
You're right. The HUD is not transparent on my 5040 either, but I prefer it that way. On the 5040 the toggle doesn't turn it on nor does the toggle turn it off on my 4504. (BTW, for anyone interested, the setting is accessed by pressing 243-Zones from within Setup.) Don't know about the parental controls bug, I've never used parental controls, unless of course that IS the bug. :D

Update:

BINGO! Turning on parental controls on the 4504 makes the transparent HUD toggle work.

BUT...unfortunately turning on parental controls has no effect on the HUD transparency setting on the 5040. :(

-Gary

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for the 243Zones from setup tip! Had no clue what HUD settings were! Now just have to figure out what the "remote" settings are for :)

On my 5040, the Display HUD is transparent, it's just not very transparent, at least the bottom box is that way. Don't have any older RTV, so can't compare.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
joef_rgb - ok true, the 5040 is ever so slightly translucent, but i dont' think that counts! the remote settings are so that you can control multiple replays in the same room without the remote sending the same signal to all of them. i believe you need a pronto or a JP1 remote to take advantage of this.

l8er - thanks for the info, good to know nothing's wrong with my replay :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Actually, with the new SW release, setting the transparency to "yes" gives a sold background. Setting it to "no" gives a HUD with some faint background graphic.

YMMV

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Heads Up Display

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by empyle
Where are they?
Please read the second message in this thread.

-Gary

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks again. I missed the part about having to be in Setup first before doing the 243 zones. So many little hidden menus in this thing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.