AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5040 and it recently decided to not connect to download the guide anymore, it fails when i force a net connect, it is activated and the router is wide open (the 5040 is in the dmz) it is practicly usless and techsupport hasnt replied to my emails... any ideas? am i going to have to format and start from scratch?

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Have you tried pinging your unit from a PC?

If it doesn't respond to pings, you've likely just temporarily

lost network connectivity. Pull the plug reboot should fix

it or someone mentioned you could play with the IP address

and it would return on its own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will not reply to pings, i have rebooted the unit many times... (by holding in power button), i will try your suggestions when i get off work

in advance i want to thank everyone for being helpfull, without this forum the replaytv wouldnt be worth the trouble ;)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Since you've already re-booted many times, I would suggest restoring the 5040 to factory defaults.

When I first got my 5040, it wouldn't connect via ethernet so I did finally get it to work over phone. When I solved my ethernet problem (a bad cable that still gave good link lights and 10 Mbs , but not 100) the 5040 would STILL not detect the network. All that playing with network settings had just confused the poor thing!

I restored factory defaults by pressing 3 8 2 on the remote and things came right back up.

Of course, you lose all shows and settings.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kreft
i have rebooted the unit many times... (by holding in power button)
Ironically rebooting by holding in the power button seems to make it

more likely for my unit to lose network, at least that's what it seems

like on my 5040. Haven't lost network once with new 12/10/02 OS

build, but I haven't tried hard to reproduce it either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fixed!

changed its ip (static ip) and forced a connect, splendid ;) thanks everyone for helping out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.