AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my ShowStoppers with two 5040 units and was looking forward to watching each's hard drives from either room. However, while both units see each other, they can't see each other's shows. So nothing comes up on a networked 5040's "All Shows" list. Did I miss some step to enable sharing? Any idea what's going on? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
What software do you have? 5.0/110?

What does 'they see each other' mean? You mean you see the names of the others in the top of the RG but the shows don't appear?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lee,

Yup, that's exactly what happens. When I first added my second 5040 to the network it "detected" the first 5040. And it shows both the "Living Room" and "Bed Room" units in the Replay Guide. But nothing is listed under the networked units "All Shows" even though the actual unit has tons of programs on it (darn season premieres). Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is the software version the same for both units? The version you gave is for software 4.5 which is several releases old and if one has 5.0 and one has 4.5, they wont see each others shows.

If these are a brand new install, they should have got the lastest software (5.0/110). Maybe you should try forcing some net connects to get them to upgrade.

Just my 2cents worth.

Mark

·
Registered
627 Posts
This happened to me also until they both got to the same software version. I waited about 2 days until they both upgraded automatically.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
And make sure you're not displaying an "empty" category.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
You definitely want to get these on 5.0, so a few net connects (243 Zones, 7) will get you there. Could take a day or so, but my new 5040 got it the first time I NC'd by hand.

But, are they both the same now? Should be if they are brand new units, and they should work there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.