AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Sammy 5063W earlier this year. For the most part i love the TV, qulaity has met my expectations. But in the last week I have ran into some problems.

1) When i play my xbox games in 720p, the picture is wavy. An example would be when i pause the screen, the letters are not crisp and standing still, there is a wave running down the screen

2) I can not even turn my cable box to 720p. I have to have my cable box set to 1080i. If i turn the box to 720p, the TV maeks some clicking sounds and never displays anything. I talked to a local HD group, and they said that is a common problem with Samsung TVs. They said that the Comcast HD box will not display 720p unless the Firmware is updated on the TV. So maybe this one is an easy fix (and maybe this will fix prob 1). Have an thoughts on this?

3) The most recent problem is kind of a show stopper. I will be watching TV or playing a game, and all of a sudden the TV will click off. It will sit there for 15 seconds or so, make some noises, the screen will turn a greenish tint, and then everything will come back on. Once it resets, it tends to continue to reset.

I have a extended warrently on the TV, and the tech is coming out to my house today, but i am hoping i can get some ideas of what you guys think before he gets here.

Thanks,

-Brian

·
Registered
955 Posts
I had a TV that would turn off (but not turn back on) and the problem was the bulb. The coating on the bulb would chip off and those chips would cause it to short and turn off. New ballast/bulb solved that issue. Covered by warranty of course.

Cush

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.