AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, I’ve been reading this forum since last july, and have learned a great deal from everyone here, Thank you all!

I like have been teetering in between the GWII and the Sammy 507 for awhile now. I’ve had the Sammy for almost 3 weeks and have decided to exchange it for the GWII.

I figured because after saturday, i will have had both of these awesome sets in my apartment at one point, I would provide some pics of them. I sit about 9’ away from the TV and that is the distance I will be taking the pictures from. I hope to provide pictures of the same scenes on both units from the different sources available to me. The Samsung pictures are coming right away, and the corresponding GWII pics will come after Saturday when the set gets delivered. Here are my settings...

507 settings:

User Menu

For DVD, XBOX

Contrast - 95

Brightness - 48

Sharpness-10

temp - normal

tint = r40/g60

For DirecTivo:

Contrast - 75

Brightness -50

Sharpness - 10

Temp: Warm 1

SM Settings Changed ( firmware version 108 sept. 4th)

Y_Offset - 50

ST(DDP) - 128

BLIM - 0

BSTPO - 0

BKAKOU - 0

RMC - 0

I did not change CR_Offset or CB_Offset because everything looked way too green (Increasing the G_Gain did not help with this either for me)

GWII settings

to come after Saturday 11/30 delivery

Equipment:

-Panny RP82 (component)

-DirecTivo (s-video)

-Xbox (component via monster cables)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CSI recorded on my DirecTivo...This is it, I'll post the GWII pics after i receive shipment on saturday. If I had an HD receiver I'd post pics from it but unfortunetely the TV left me broke so i wont see one of those for awhile.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You won't regret it. I've owned a GWII for a little over a week. It's awesome. And where you gonna' get anything that compares to the Sony styling on this set? Are you buying the Sony stand?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.