AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just hooked up a RCA DTC-100 to my Samsung 507 via the PC input. I have the RCA outputting a 1080i signal. According to the 507's manual I should only have Wide(TV) mode available and not Wide(PC). I cannot change the aspect at all and all of the PC adjustments are grayed out except the Fine adjustment. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I had a DTC-100 attached to my 507W when I first got it, I believe to solve your problem, you will need to change the settings in the menu on the DTC-100 for the timings of the VGA out and, I am guessing that it is set to RGB and you need to set it to one of the other 2 settings (I cannot remember which because I no longer have the DTC-100), but that is the least of your problems because after I got my screen to WideTV mode, I lost sync all the time and I reccomend that you get a Transcoder and attach the DTC-100 to a component input, but try it out first, but if it was like mine, the picture would get all scrambled and you will need to change stations and go back to the previous station to fix the sync issue.

Jim

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Ditto what Jim just said for me as well. Thank God my DTC100 stays with my RCA MM36110 instead of going with the HLN617 or I would be a ticked camper. As it stands, the TS160 isn't bad with HD... SD isn't very good though. And let's not even get into the geometry issues I am finding on the HLN617. Ugh. :(

Later,

Jeff

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
After having a TS160 for 2 months, I would not use one till they improved on it, I am currently using a Hughes E86 and get much better SD content on the 507W. The TS160 has this irritating herringbone effect at times on it's SD programming that bothered me TOO MUCH, the E86 does not have this effect on the 507W, so it had to be the TS160 that was at fault.

Jim

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is the setting in the menu to change the timings? I have gone through all of the menus and can't seem to find it. I got this thing on ebay and it didn't include the manual. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.