AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Replay 5080s. Had them since day 1 and still use them daily. But one of them, starting about a month ago, will lose the date and time after a power outage. In fact, it loses everything in the channel guide and I have to net connect (via Wirns) to get it back in sync. This had never happen before about a month ago and still has never happened with my other Replay 5080. Is there a battery in the Replays that maintains the date and time during a power outage? If so maybe that thing needs replaced. I would sure appreciate the help of anyone who knows.

Took me a while to figure out what was going on. I temporarily have it attached to a UPS battery system to prevent the issue. Where I live, we do seem to have a lot of short power outages. What can you expect, I live in the boondocks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHarry  /t/1467963/5080-no-date-time-after-power-outage#post_23196235

I have 2 Replay 5080s. Had them since day 1 and still use them daily. But one of them, starting about a month ago, will lose the date and time after a power outage. In fact, it loses everything in the channel guide and I have to net connect (via Wirns) to get it back in sync. This had never happen before about a month ago and still has never happened with my other Replay 5080. Is there a battery in the Replays that maintains the date and time during a power outage? If so maybe that thing needs replaced. I would sure appreciate the help of anyone who knows.

Took me a while to figure out what was going on. I temporarily have it attached to a UPS battery system to prevent the issue. Where I live, we do seem to have a lot of short power outages. What can you expect, I live in the boondocks.

I want to say that it is not a battery, but a capacitor. The one in your RTV probably has gassed itself out, and no longer holds a charge.

BTW, you RTV doesn't lose it's guide data... It just doesn't know what time it is, so it cannot display it.

Cheers!

-Doug

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I've had the case open more then once as I have upgraded the disk in times past, and I didn't remember seeing a battery in there. So I will leave it be till I have need to open it again, then will try to locate the CAP. I kinda figured the issue with the guide was it just did not know the date. So hopefully my UPS battery backup will take care of it for now and if I have a power outage that out lasts the battery then I know I have to net connect to get things back straight again.

I appreciate the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts