AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ok, I know a thread exists on this topic, but you cant possibly expect me to read every single post (6,188) there, and believe me I did my best...

Anyway my issue didnt seem to be adressed in that thread so here goes.

I got my 5080 on friday ("Thank you, Thank you very much"
) but the cable guy wont be here with my hd box for a week!?! As many of you know, the game is on right now, and I'm struggling to find the right settings for SD football in stretch mode. I can make the closeups and medium range shots look pretty good, but does anyone know how to clean up the wide shots??

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated for second half!

P.S. I would also like to thank D-Nice, Roman, Randy Waters, and all the other knowledgeable and nice folks (not Omeletepants) who've helped me to finally decide on the right tv for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I used D-Nice reference setting for my 5010. They are at the top of the page under Pioneer 8G Kuro settings. One of the first threads.

From what I have seen on this set the SD broadcasts are terrible.

Same as my Sony HD CRT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try avoiding SD altogether by hooking the cable up to Ant A, you should be able to run the setup and get the broadcast HD channels via QAM. It may vary depending on your cable company, but it works for me with Cablevision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts