AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 50H81 and I think its a great TV. I do have 2 questions I could use your help on.

1 - It seems 3 channels from my Dish 6000 have two horizontal lines that move up the screen very similar to if you were looking at refresh lines on a TV through a video camera. Its only on HBO, CBSHD and my local digital CBS station.

2 - My local ABC (WPVI-6)station looks HORRIBLE when viewed in HD on the TV. All the edges seem to have little white lines coming out of them. Its really strange. If I use S-video out in to the TV, it looks pretty good (obviously its SD).

Any suggestions for either of the two would greatly be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon guys...

Everything else in the past day has had a response. No one has any suggestions?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Drew,

Just a few questions (I have the 34HF81, but I believe they're close cousins). Do you have the Dish 6000 set up to output 1080i using the YPbPr output? If so, do these two lines show up on the demo channel? If so, you might have a ground loop problem between your TV antenna and the Dish antenna.

The edge problem you're having may be related to the SVM circuit. Try this: If you like your picture settings, write them down. Now, select the Movie preset, and change the picture settings to match your original preferences. See if that doesn't clear things up. If not, maybe is Sharpness is set to high?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding to my questions foxbat.

You may be on to something with the first solution you presented. I'm not familiar with ground loop problems, but I do know for a fact, my satellite/antenna aren't currently grounded because I'm up in an apartment building. I am using 1080i via YPbPr out. I can't see it on the demo loop, only on HBO and CBS (both satellite and OTA). Is this relivant for the problem?

I didn't have any luck with the second suggestion. I even put the TV in "Movie" and tried, but the channel still looked horrible. I think when I get home this weekend I might post a digital pic of what it looks like, maybe then someone will recognize it. Its strange that its just ABC that gives me a problem. And its when regular or HDTV is coming over my local digital broadcast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.