AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked up my Panny on Wednesday, hooked up the PC through VGA, originally through DVI, but found the picture was lacking such as with text, and found VGA to offer less pronounced SDE, better blacks, and just a better picture overall. Not sure why that is since it is analog rather than digital, hopefully I will be able to solve that mystery, but my main concern is with the XBOX.

I have connected my XBOX up to component, and the colors are rather OFF, because to make sure I wasn't losing it, I connected my XBOX through composite and the colors were much more accurate as they should be. The initial Green X when the console is turned on is blue/green on component, and also red push is up there. Could someone offer some assistance if you have your Xbox connected by component, showing me what you have your settings on. Dynamic/Cinema/Normal and what temperature, and what Picture etc.... Something seriously wrong in Xbox Land. I even tried to set with AVIA but couldn't conquer the Color/Saturation test to get that to match up, however, I was able to get Tint/Hue to color match on the test. So main issue is with Color/Saturation, although they are interrelated.

Thanks a bunch!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just bought an Xbox and have it hooked via componant. It looks great to me but i've never seen or played one before. I use the same settings as my other inputs and it looks fine. Maybe you are so used to it the way it looked on your old tv and maybe that was off a little bit but now your seeing how it's actually supposed to be. Just a thought.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure the X is supposed to be green, but it has to be something to adjust it. When using AVIA through the XBOX I still can't get the Color/Saturation to sinc up as I could the Hue/Tint. :-( It doesn't even look like it is in the ball park.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Just got mine set up on a 50LC13, and the startup X is definitely green. Started up ESPN football, and the grass is green too.

Are you sure you've got the component cables hooked up right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.