AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there are discrete remote control IR codes for the Component Video and S-Video/Composite inputs for these new sets? There had been a lot of the discussion about the possibility of having those included in the 7UY series, but I had not heard any confirmation, one way or the other. I just got the 42PWD7UY (which, IMHO, has incredible picture quality for all my sources: DVD, Hi-Def and SD cable). I was very happy with the PQ of my old 42" 4UY until I started watching this set.

I am now also considering getting the 50PHD7UY.

The discrete codes would be great since cycling through inputs using a remote control macro can be very hit and miss.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am using the 5uy codes and they work just fine. The key, for me, is P-ON and P-Off. Switching to desired input by pressing just one button is also there but I am unable to test it since I use my reciver to do the switching. Discrete codes (rather than toggle) also work for various Picture controls such as "full", "zoom" and "just".

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
beanagee1, what kind of remote do you have? If you have an mxd or mxf or ccf file, I could use it.

I have the inputs and full, zoom, just, but my power on is not discrete.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by beanagee1
I am using the 5uy codes and they work just fine.
Thanks for the quick reply everyone.

beanagee1: Are you using a 7UY now? Do you have a .ccf or .pcf file with those codes? If you do, I would also appreciate a copy of the file.

Thanks,

Alan

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by beanagee1
AlanMFriedman:

yes, I am using 7uy. I will check to see what file format I have. I am using MX-700 files.

beanagee1: I cannot locate a .ccf file with those codes. I think I located an MX-700 file with the codes, but I do not have an MX-700, and there doesn't seem to be any way to convert the .mxf or .mxd files to .ccf or hex format.

My search continues.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Ok, I have the Th-50phd7uy

arriving tomorrow and I own an MX600. Is there an easy way to add these codes in? I really have NO experience with the discrete codes.

thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
Any breakthrough in customized codes for 7u? I'm especially looking for Input select inclusion in the code since the one I downloaded from JP1 files/remote cenntral does not do the input switching!

Also my assumption is ... 37" consumer model will use the same remote as 50PHD7UY/42PWD7UY .. Right?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have an mx-800 with discrete inputs and discrete off. I am still searching for the discrete power on. Not sure if it exists.

DVDGURU, i am not sure if you can use the .mxd or .mxf files with that remote. Look at your manual. If you can, I can send the file to you.

Anyone else that wants an .mxd or .mxf with discrete inputs, discrete off, and zoom and full aspect discretes (have not found the rest of the aspects as discretes yet) please PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The MX-600 is not programmable from the PC. I use my MX-700 to program the cheaper MX-500/600. These files that people speak of are PC files that have the programing on them and then they are downloaded to the MX-700/800. I have both and I can tell you that you can not compare the low end MX-500/600 to the incredible MX-700/800, worth the price of admission. Check out remotecentral.com for more the forum on these remotes.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
rts,

I have a JP1 device file that has the discrete codes for input selection and aspect for the Panny 5UY. You will need to load an extender into your remote to use them. I'm not sure if they will work for the 7UY, but it's worth a try. If you PM me with your email address, I will be happy send it to you.

Regards,

Steve

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by slb
rts,

I have a JP1 device file that has the discrete codes for input selection and aspect for the Panny 5UY. You will need to load an extender into your remote to use them. I'm not sure if they will work for the 7UY, but it's worth a try. If you PM me with your email address, I will be happy send it to you.

Regards,

Steve
Steve: Can the JP1 file codes be exported to a hex or .ccf format?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Alan,

I'm not aware of a way to do that. However, I find it hard to believe that someone has not already created these files. Have you looked at Remote Central? Otherwise, If you have a learning remote, you can get a cheap One-for-All, upload the JP1 file into it and then use it to train your remote. Many people actually do this.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
281 Posts
All the above is fine but what about discrete input codes for the DVI & eventually HDMI inputs?

I already have the ability on my 5 series to directly switch to the existing PC, component and video inputs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Steve ... It worked like a charm! Thankl you so much .. Life is quite nice now after I'm able to have all my devices on the remote ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by slb
rts,

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
rts,

Glad to hear (actually, read;)) that. I'm seriously considering an upgrade to the 50PHD7UY, but discrete codes for input selection have been a big concern for me ever since it was discovered that they were removed from the 6UY's.

Regards,

Steve

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by slb
rts,

Glad to hear (actually, read;)) that. I'm seriously considering an upgrade to the 50PHD7UY, but discrete codes for input selection have been a big concern for me ever since it was discovered that they were removed from the 6UY's.

Regards,

Steve
So can anyone confirm that discrete input selection (aside from PC) made it to the 7UY series?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.