AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Package was delivered in perfect condition from 1800Plasmas. I powered up the unit and connected a S-video and a PC-VGA input to the plasma. The unit operated for approximately 20 min. Suddenly while testing with a movie a perfect black rectangle appeared in the top left corner. The area width wise goes past 1/2 way and length wise slightly less than half. With no signal input the black area remains. Also the centered menu is cut off by the black rectangle. I suspect a portion of the plasma circuitry has failed. Please help, does anyone know what is going.

wolfman

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow, that's really too bad. I agree with orogogus. I think 1800plasmas should be able to help you out. They may be able to just exchange it for you, since you just got it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This may be a reach but did you check and make sure that the picture in picture was turned off? I'm thinking it may be possible that it is turned on and if your second picture has no source then it may display a black rectangle. It's worth a shot to check it I suppose.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that’s what I was thinking initially as well. We tried the PIP feature at length and no luck. Also keep in mind that the menu should not be affected by PIP, but it to is chopped up. Also the size of the rectangle does not match any of the PIP setups shown in the manual. We even tried a different PC. Also the rectangel remains even when all the inputs are removed. Maybe Panasonic tried to over do it on this one. The rectangle is definitely the best black I’ve ever seen….

wolfman

·
Registered
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wolfmanjack210
Maybe Panasonic tried to over do it on this one. The rectangle is definitely the best black I’ve ever seen….
:lol: At least you haven't lost your humor.

Let us know how getting a replacement goes, hopefully they'll treat you well!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, I have great news!! I have to say, Stacey at 1800Plasmas has taken very good care of me. After some phone calls we got everything sorted out and a new unit should be arriving on Monday via air freight. The unit I presently have has been deemed DOA (Dead ON Arrival) and there is definitely an unfortunate hardware failure present. Thanks guys for all the support.

wolfman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.