AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased a toshiba hd dvd player [a2] and hooked it with both hdmi and component cables to a panasonic 50phd8uy plasma tv. hd dvd's looked great but sd dvd's were unwatchable through hdmi and component. i ended up returning the a2 [lots of other problems too] and went back to a panasonic e80 dvd player with s video cables where the dvd's look much better. does anybody else have this combination and if so having the same problem

·
Registered
7,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschilds /forum/post/0

i recently purchased a toshiba hd dvd player [a2] and hooked it with both hdmi and component cables to a panasonic 50phd8uy plasma tv. hd dvd's looked great but sd dvd's were unwatchable through hdmi and component. i ended up returning the a2 [lots of other problems too] and went back to a panasonic e80 dvd player with s video cables where the dvd's look much better. does anybody else have this combination and if so having the same problem

I have the Toshiba HD-A1 + TH-50PHD8UK and the picture of the SD DVD's are just as good as with the Oppo 971H (output set to 1080i).

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
I know of several people with a Panny 8 UK and HD DVD player. If you are in the DC area I could arrange to show you one as wel. In every case the results are super. Even upconverting SD DVD.

I am wondering if you had the player set to 1080i as it should be.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazman /forum/post/0

I know of several people with a Panny 8 UK and HD DVD player. If you are in the DC area I could arrange to show you one as wel. In every case the results are super. Even upconverting SD DVD.

I am wondering if you had the player set to 1080i as it should be.

through hdmi the a2 displays 1080i on front panel. i recently purchased the 8 series hdmi blade. works fine [some red push] with twc cable.i installed the hdmi blade in slot 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.