AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now a reputiable net seller (and authorized panny dealer) have a $300 spread on these two pannys, and both prices are good deals. As I am sold on getting one of these pannys, I'm asking for opinions as to whether or not it is worth the difference to get the 850 over the 800. I've seen and compared their specs, and as far as I can tell, the major difference is THX (with "limited control of picture settings) vs no THX with almost full calibration control. I have read that the THX does a good job, but then again, full control should do a "better" job. I like to fiddle around, and have been able to bring my panny 32lx700 to show a picture which is very much to my liking. I'm sure that professional-like calibration would do better, but I'm not sure that I would appreciate it that much better. But, then again, I don't mind paying the difference between these two sets if 850's calibrating qualities would give me that mucy a better picture than that of the 800.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey,

Will you be using 1080P/24 for watching Blu-ray movies ? I hear it's unwatchabe on the Panasonic Plasma's as it introduces 'flicker'. It occurs on both 50PZ800 & the 50PZ850.

Personally, I wanted to buy this set but gave up as I have a PS-3 and watch a lot of Blu-ray movies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts