AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for these discs to come out as there was little info on the specs before release. They finally hit today and it looks like (according to Bestbuy.com) they have the dubs as well as the original Japanese with English subs and they are presented in anamorphic widescreen. Three of the classic films are available with more to come in December.

We're finally getting some Godzilla DVDs worth owning!!

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joekun
I've been waiting for these discs to come out as there was little info on the specs before release. They finally hit today and it looks like (according to Bestbuy.com) they have the dubs as well as the original Japanese with English subs and they are presented in anamorphic widescreen. Three of the classic films are available with more to come in December.

We're finally getting some Godzilla DVDs worth owning!!
Is this the original Godzilla (Japanese audio, no Raymond Burr) that was in theaters a few months ago?

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
It looks like the MUMMY, CREATURE and INVISIBLE MAN legacy collections, as well as Frank Langella's DRACULA are out today, too.

I saw the lousy de-colorized version (anemic would be the apropos term) on TV the other day. I think this new DVD restores the color to DRACULA.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Is this the original Godzilla (Japanese audio, no Raymond Burr) that was in theaters a few months ago?
No, unfortunately not. There are 3 films out today, "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla", "Godzilla vs Hedora", and "Godzilla vs Gigan".

In December "Son of Godzilla" (aka "Godzilla's Revenge") will be released.

According to Sony's website, these films are "Remastered in Hi-Definition". I wonder if this means that we will see them on blu-ray in the next couple of years.

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...972/index.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.