AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that AmericanExpress has ceased offering the "Best Value" feature of their Blue and other cards, I've been searching for the best price for Denon components (i.e., 4802 Receiver) and ran across this website. They claim that all of their items are sold with full manufacturer warranty support. Now, these guys are not an authorized Denon dealer. I called them up, and they explained it as follows:

50TopSellers (doing business for 12 years) includes the benefits or the manufacturer's warranty in their total price. If there is a problem covered by warranty, the purchaser must return the product to 50TopSellers.com, who will take it to an authorized Denon dealer for service. 50TopSellers.com pays the price for the service (presumably, they have a contract with Denon) and sends the repaired product back to you.

They claim that one way that they protect themselves is to only carry manufacturer products that are proven to be reliable (they mentioned Harmon Kardon as one product they would not carry).

Their return policy is within 30 days, you pay shipping and a 15% restocking fee.

Given Denon's lack of warranty support for sales from unauthorized dealers, and now no "Best Value" program from American Express, this vendor looks promising. I checked with the Better Business Bureau, and there are no complaints lodged against 50TopSellers.com.

Does anyone have any firsthand (or otherwise) experience/knowledge about this vendor? Their prices are competitive, to say the least (e.g., Denon AVR-4802, $1649 + shipping). Tough to beat the price if the support is as described.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
you really should read forum gudelines and then edit your post NOT to sound like an AD!

When buying any equipment not from an authorized reseller, then you have to ask 2 questions.

How did they get the equipmen legaly? Is it a side deal with another authorized dealer? imported? English remote/manual/...?

If the buisness is willing to skirt rules to sell you equipment, why would you trust them to repair it later since they have 0 obligation?

Unless you or people you know have PERSONAL experience with their return policy I would be VERY skeptical.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.