AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 5100 with Comcast and it works great. However, if I use the composite or RF output, the channel guide is not present. The channel guide is only visible on the component output.

I was wondering if this was just my box, or does everyone else have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gkoester
I have the 5100 with Comcast and it works great. However, if I use the composite or RF output, the channel guide is not present. The channel guide is only visible on the component output.

I was wondering if this was just my box, or does everyone else have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.
there's a thread in hardware forum on the 5100. Plus miastism in that forum has a good faq that addresses q's like this

5100 faq

but a direct answer is that the guide does work in composite or rf provided you set to 480i. I have mine set that way and watch most channels on the s-video out (Don't ask - it has to do with way COMCAST or Motorola has hosed up component output for those of use with 4*3 HD sets).

So in my case I set the 4*3 bypass to 480i and get the guide properly on the s-video. If you have a line doubler then this mode is probably preferred anyway as the source for these channels is 480i. On a digital (OTA or HD 16*9) channel you will now notice that the guide is not present on the s-video/composite. Theres where I switch to the component out of 5100 on the TV anyway to get digital OTA quality or HD HBO and Showtime. This really is a limited number of channels that the guide is only on the components for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.