AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 51gwx20b and might not have notice this at first, but i sure do now. If i bring up a menu, like the full picture menu, i see where the white bars are bouncing quite allot. Also if i bring up the grid for convergence, all the lines there are doing the same.

UPDATE, When there is a video signal on an input and the tv is on that input it happens. Say my vcr is on input 4, vcr power off not bouncy on input 4. as soon as i turn the vcr on, it gets bouncy. Input 1 is my stb, power off and tv on input 1, all is good. Power on stb, tv menu gets bouncy. dvd component on input 2, tv on input 2, power off good, on its bouncy. Antenna A bouncy, antenna B(not connected) stable.

I hope this makes sense.

Hitachi tech came to the house and told me it was because i was on 1080i and 540 seemed more stable. On 540 i still have movement, but not as bad. no way to do a manual conv with a signal. Does this sound like a problem ? i have an extended warranty from audio king/ fast trax and can have it looked at again. Thanks for the time.

Any tweaks that could calm this down??

Thanks for the time

Joel

Anyone else see this, please post yes or no

Update, if i separate the red and blue from green, it IS the green that is bouncing badly. Any advice ??

Thanks again

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the 57UWX20B and have noticed the same thing. If I just turn on the TV the manual convergence grid is fine, but if I turn on an input (STB, DVD, etc) it gets "bouncy". I do not have any problems on the menus though. It does not seem to affect the picture. It just happens if I am adjusting convergence while that input is active. It does seem to mess up the convergence around the edges usually in one or 2 places. I do not notice any improvement in 540P as opposed to 1080i. For me this is not big deal since the picture still looks great!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.