Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Hitachi 51SWX20B and I have

the Panasonic RP62K DVD player. Would a front

projector give me a better picture than the Hitachi?

If so, what projector would give me a better picture? I really don't want to go past $3500. I still

have to get a decent pull down screen and a ceiling mount. The Hitachi cost me $2499. I have 30

days to return the tv. I would be sitting 10-11' from

screen. The reason for a pull down screen is so I

can still view my 36" Sony Wega XBR for analog

cable. And the projector would be for DVD viewing.

There is no where close to me to see any projectors in action so I have to go by reviews and opinions. The Hitachi is no slouch. It has a great dvd picture and analog cable is surprisingly acceptable. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank....John

·
Registered
278 Posts
Front projectors are nice, but only in a severely light controlled environment. This means you have to be able to turn day into night in your living room to watch it during daylight hours.

That's why most people with FPs use dedicated windowless rooms or basements for their FP theaters. Some make it so they can cut out all light in the room during the day, but that requires a lot of work in most rooms.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what you are saying. The FP would only be at night for DVD and the direct tv would be for regular tv watching. What I really want to know

is, what would give a better picture side by side in

the controlled lighted environment, a FP or the Hitachi RPTV? When I say direct tv that means

the Hitachi would be returned and I would go back to my original setup.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.