AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy new TV and and still watching several standard definition channels on cable. It doesn't make any sense to get the best HD TV and able to enjoy it only half of time and another half became frustrated watching SD.

With too much information I'm lost.

I'm thinking of buying 52” or better TV. Is LED much better than LCD for SD? Should edge lit be avoided or it's not too much difference? Is better get 60” (52”-55”?) LCD or 52” (55”) full LED?

Technology is changing too fast so I don't see any reason to get latest and greatest. It will be obsolete in no time. I don't care for 3D or any others gizmos – only for picture quality.

Distance to TV will be about 12' .

Could you please share you good and bad experience with TV's you own.

Vlad

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
This type of "what should I but" question is asked about 3 times a day here. Here are a couple of ways to research this:

-You can check out the "what LCD should I buy" master thread and post this question there http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1230050

-You can scan the first 5 pages of this forum and look at the answers in all the other "what should I buy" threads

-You could actually go to the store and look at various TVs and see what you like. Once you have a list you could come back with real specific questions that people could answer to help you make a decision. Then you could search the master threads for those models and get real input

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ask questions to narrow down the number of models I should research to reasonably manageable.

In store connected only HD. Salespersons don't want to connect SD. So the only way to get an answer is ask the people or flip the coin.

Results of reading the posting are very confusing. It's the main reason for me to ask the actual owners of TV to share their experience.

Vlad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts