AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
congrads scib

i get mine on thursday! (my decision. could of got it earlier, but I want to move some things around the place)

what kind of stand did you get?

let us know how things went.

cheers,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My initial impressions:

The SD content coming from directv is better than I expected. It's not great, but it's definitely watchable. When I was in Ultimate Electronics the last time I went the SD signal they had in there looked so bad, I almost walked out of the store and didn't buy the TV.

I bought a zenith silver sensor indoor antenna to get HDTV OTA signals. I was able to pull it off with this antenna. I am watching Tennesee/Alabama game right now on CBS. It is AWESOME! I've even got the lady ooohing and ahhhing. Really impressive.

I have no idea on the contrast ratio or other technical details like that. Sorry.

Struggling with netcommand right now. Trying to teach the remote my directv remote buttons. Looks like it should work, but it's not.

Here is the stand I got from ikea. It was only $99 and for what I want it is great. It may not be as flashy as some of the others (I wanted the sanus pfdv) but it's not $400 either.

Stand

Close up
http://scib.ebel.home.mchsi.com/725close.jpg

With flash
http://scib.ebel.home.mchsi.com/725flash.jpg

Without flash
http://scib.ebel.home.mchsi.com/725noflash.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was thinking of that stand too, but it says the weight allowance is 154lbs and most receiver are 30 pounds or more, not to mention the other stuff. This is the exact setup I was consdering

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks BigAl. I was able to get it working. My problem was that I did not have the IR emitters plugged in. For some stupid reason, I didn't think I needed them.

I am happy now because I have everything working from the one TV remote including my directv, receiver, and dvd player. The nice thing is that I used to have to switch the input on my receiver everytime I switched on the TV. Now it does it for me.

One other thing I noticed about this set...When I am flipping through OTA channels, they change fairly slowly. Not a huge deal, but I think I read something before about the tuner being slow on this TV.

·
Registered
188 Posts
scib11, netcommand is built into the tv, not the remote.

If that is true: explain this to me.

I swapped out a 62525 for a 62725, but kept the original remote. All of the settings that I programed into the 62525 worked when I fired up the 62725??!! It sure appears to me that the Net Command remote is storing info.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Keyser Sose
scib11, netcommand is built into the tv, not the remote.

If that is true: explain this to me.

I swapped out a 62525 for a 62725, but kept the original remote. All of the settings that I programed into the 62525 worked when I fired up the 62725??!! It sure appears to me that the Net Command remote is storing info.
How do you like the 725 compared to the 525?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got my 52725 yesterday and am very pleased with the set. It's not dialed in yet but it looks great OTB.

I got sick and tired waiting for an inferior Samsung unit to come out. I almost bit at the 7uy Panny Plasma but couldn't justify the additional almost $3500.00

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Keyser Sose,

Then you are not using netcommand. You are using the pre-programmed codes in the remote (which is a good pre-programmed universal remote that works well... but it is less flexible than netcommand). Refer to the link I posted above on netcommand... it is a feature built into the tv, not the remote.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.