Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions:

1) I understand the basics of NetCommand and I have seen conflicting posts concerning this. I have a somewhat older (5-6 years) Kenwood receiver which uses a single button on the remote to cycle through the various audio inputs. I assume I am outa luck as far as getting NetCommand to turn on the receiver and cycle to the corresponding audio input when I switch my 52725 to DVD?

I am trying to hold off buying a new receiver until I can afford one with HDMI switching, but even then, don't most receiver's have this same issue?

2) Is the slider near the top of your remote kinda loose, or have alot of play in it? The reason I ask is because the UE guys that delivered and setup the tv couldn't get the remote to operate the DVD player (again, a Kenwood) once they programmed it into the Tv. They claimed it was because the slider was so loose and wouldn't register when set to DVD. Is there something else I should try to do before going back to the store to get a replacement?

I am reposting here since I haven't been able to get a response in the Mits thread. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I don't think you will be able to use multiple remote commands and collapse it into one to switch to the device you like. Netcommand takes a single remote command and maps it to the command or input it has. I think most recievers I have seen today have separate buttons for each input so you should be ok with a new reciever.

The slider on my remote is just fine... a bit tight if I remember. Have you set up the DVD in netcommand and used the learning feature with the IR blaster? Or are you simply programming the slider on the remote for a particular DVD player brand?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by strummer2k
I have two questions:

1) I understand the basics of NetCommand and I have seen conflicting posts concerning this. I have a somewhat older (5-6 years) Kenwood receiver which uses a single button on the remote to cycle through the various audio inputs. I assume I am outa luck as far as getting NetCommand to turn on the receiver and cycle to the corresponding audio input when I switch my 52725 to DVD?
If you can find the discrete codes for the Kenwood and use a learning remote (One-For-All or Radio Shack), then you can get Netcommand to directly access the proper audio input.

I did a similar thing with my Sony VCR that has a On/Off toggle button. I was able to find the discrete On and Off commands from the sites below. I then taught these commands to a Radio Shack learning remote. I then used the learn feature of Netcommand to learn the individual On and Off commands for the VCR. See the following sites for additional info.

http://www.remotecentral.com
http://www.hifi-remote.com

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am just programming the slider at the moment and will be trying to setup the IR blasters soon.

Thanks for the replies! I knew someone had figured out a way around this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.