AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was set on buying the Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR5, really liking the picture shown on the in-store XBR4, plus the fixed piano black bezel. The in-store salesman told me he his favorite was the XBR5. Upon confirming my internet order for the XBR5, the salesman tried to upsell me on an XBR6 for cheaper, saying he owns an XBR4 and was looking to trade up based on the upgrades in picture quality. He was going to offer me a discount on the XBR6 compared with the XBR5, seemingly based on availability and sales trends in favor of the XBR6. My question is whether the add'l features and technological advance on the XBR6 worth the aesthetic compromise (IMO, not sure about the bottom mounted speakers look/sound quality)? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hmm. Smells fishy. Could be a scam just to try to upsell. The XBR5 is no longer in production but some old stock could be sitting in a few online retailers warehouses.

The XBR6 may have a few newer features and some PQ improvements (black levels) but I honestly believe the XBR5 performs a lot better in other respects. The XBR5 was the flagship in 2007 and the XBR8 is the flagship in 2008. The XBR6 is more middle-ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts