AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the pioneer 531 , connected to my directivo , so I can record off the satellite but now I have a problem when I am doing functions on the 531 the Tivo is picking up the actions . ***for example when I am editing a recording on the 531 hitting the enter button also applies to the Tivo and is commanding enter on what ever is on tivo and when I use the navigation arrows during the 531 editing it is also navigating the tivo . I ended up deleting a recording on the Tivo hard drive while editing a recording on the 531 and didn't even know it !

From what I can tell the enter and all the arrows around it , Fwd and Rev scan, stop, pause, control both tivo and 531 at the same time . When I hit the stand by on the 531 it puts my directivo on stand by (All this is while using the 531 ). Now if I am using the Tivo with the 531 controller all the buttons work as tivo commands except when I am doing a forward scan on tivo and hit play form this action the screen changes and "plays" from the 531

what the heck is going on ?

THANKS for taking the time to help : Dwain

·
Registered
32 Posts
You might be able to bypass this problem by setting the 531 to use a different set of remote codes. The 533 has this option. It's the last option in "initial setup" from the Home Menu button on the remote. It's Options --> Remote Control Mode . Try Recorder 2 or Recorder 3. Then set your remote to send the new set of codes by pressing and holding the RETURN and 2 OR 3 buttons for 5 seconds. This part is not clear in the manual.

Andy...

·
Banned
1,145 Posts
Yep, this BS was downloaded on the last DirecTIVO update. I called and *itched and told them they have no right to screw up my perfectly working unit. No use, I'm ditching TIVO, as I really hate it more than like it. I'm using remote code 2 on the Pioneer as changing the DirecTivo remote codes still allows the IR interference. Worthless piece of ________!

My IR interference was with my DVR-420H. As I recall, my Denon receiver IR codes were also interfering with the DirecTivo.

My advise, ditch tivo and you'll be a happier, less frustrated individual.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Up
Yep, this BS was downloaded on the last DirecTIVO update. I called and *itched and told them they have no right to screw up my perfectly working unit. No use, I'm ditching TIVO, as I really hate it more than like it. I'm using remote code 2 on the Pioneer as changing the DirecTivo remote codes still allows the IR interference. Worthless piece of ________!

My IR interference was with my DVR-420H. As I recall, my Denon receiver IR codes were also interfering with the DirecTivo.

My advise, ditch tivo and you'll be a happier, less frustrated individual.

Good luck.
I ran into similar problems with 2 Pioneer DVDRs (520 and 210) and 3 DirecTiVos (2 SD and 1 HD). One of the SD DirecTiVos is Sony and was not affected at all, before or after resetting codes on the Pioneer DVDRs.

I simply made one DVDR code 2 and the other code 3 and all problems are solved. "Ditching" any DirecTiVo at our house is out of the question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.