AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a sub to my existing 5 channel system, and reran the setup program.

Each time I run the auto-calibration, the program sets all my speakers to large.

Even though I have towers that handle bass well, I had planned on setting all the speakers to small. So can I just go into the normal setup menu and change the size to small? I am afraid doing so will impact all the settings may during auto calibration.

Also, I was wondering if there was an easy was to switch between 5.1 movies and two channel music. I was thinking that I may sometimes want to listen to music without the sub.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
yes use normal setup to select all speakers to small

the auto cal program will save your settings once you exit so no worry here

if you hook up your dvd/cd player using rca interconnect to the receiver and set the receiver to select analogue when playing cd you may be able to get two channel music

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me make sure I understand this. Running auto calibration creates the speaker delay settings, sound levels and creates equalizer settings.

After these items are confiured and saved, I can experiment by changing the crossover or speaker size, without having to rerun the other items mentioned above?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
yes there is no need unless you change something like speaker placement, your listening position, furniture, curtain, speaker cables etc etc then you re cal again

however you can use expert and save the settings and then fiddling around with custom 1 and custom 2 to your taste.

your manual should show "all channels" as adjust using front left as standard and "front align" as centre and surround LBR tune to front L

using your remote you may press the acoustic eq button and select custom 1 or 2 , no eq, all ch adj or front align.

as i still believe in the capability of mcacc i just choose the all channel adjust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.