AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests...has anyone been able to get this mode successfully working on a CRT HDTV? How does it look?

Do you get scanlines like in 240p mode on SD CRTs?

Anyone with a Panasonic CRT HDTV TAU series? How does the 540p mode look on that if you got it working?

Anyone with a Lumagen Visionpro video processor? How are the results with 540p/60hz on that processor?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Toshiba 30HF66 that has 540p mode. It only works over component or HDMI and only when sending a 480p source signal (at least on this TV). No 480p source = 1080i even with 540p selected. I've found 1080i looks better and tend to use it more. I only use 540p (480p) when using my Wii console for gaming. 1080i looks better for HD video sources and upscaled DVD.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A friend had a 540p mode working with the output of an ATI card onto a 32 inch HD CRT Sony, there were no scan lines or jitter, it looked very nice. I don't have the details because I don't have contact with that person anymore but they used it as a computer monitor at the time.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Asking the same question in various old threads will not help. Stick your original thread. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts