AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Does that sounds like a feasible long term solution? Now that 4k TVs are so affordable and connectivity gets better with HDMI 1.4+ or DisplayPort.

Apologies if the subject has been discussed (solved) already, but it seems that clear info on this subject is not so easy to find.

My plan is to buy a 55" 4K tv and use it as a pc monitor for my work from home. I imagine myself laying back on a comfy sofa or armchair while doing pc work with a viewing distance of at least 1.5 m. I would also use the TV for movies and a little gaming.

I have my eyes on these two TV's:
Samsung UN55HU8550
Sony kd-55x8505b

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi guys,

Does that sounds like a feasible long term solution? Now that 4k TVs are so affordable and connectivity gets better with HDMI 1.4+ or DisplayPort.

Apologies if the subject has been discussed (solved) already, but it seems that clear info on this subject is not so easy to find.

My plan is to buy a 55" 4K tv and use it as a pc monitor for my work from home. I imagine myself laying back on a comfy sofa or armchair while doing pc work with a viewing distance of at least 1.5 m. I would also use the TV for movies and a little gaming.

I have my eyes on these two TV's:
Samsung UN55HU8550
Sony kd-55x8505b
I've been using a TV for a PC monitor for over a decade. Very feasible. :) For a 4K TV, you'd need an Nvidia 900 series for HDMI 2.0 compatibility. A wireless keyboard and mouse would also be useful. Samsung's 2015 4K are now starting to hit the stores so a good deal on last years' UN55HU8550 could be found or you could pick up a new 2015 model if it is within your budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts