·
Registered
747 Posts
What is the head tracking for?

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
In the lenticular lens, an array of cylindrical lenses directs light from alternate pixel columns to a defined viewing zone, allowing each eye to receive a different image at an optimum distance.

Both of these methods provide a restrictive view but it would be possible to view an image continuously across the viewing zones if head/eye tracking technology is used. Once the users eye passes from one image band into another the image would usually invert, however if the images shown to each side of the zone are flipped once the eye passes the barrier it is possible to create a continuous image. This will not provide motion parallax as the image view would remain the same but it would make it easier to hold focus of the image.
http://www.3d-forums.com/autostereos...splays-t1.html

·
Registered
747 Posts
Oh, thanks for that.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
FYI - this is the technology used by the Nintendo 3Ds. My kid has one, and I can stand about 5 minutes of 3D viewing on it before my head and eyes hurt. I have no problems with my 61" 3DTV and shutter glasses. Not sure if it is due to the small size of the Nintendo 3Ds, but 3D without glasses is not my thing.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 /forum/post/21476236

FYI - this is the technology used by the Nintendo 3Ds. My kid has one, and I can stand about 5 minutes of 3D viewing on it before my head and eyes hurt. I have no problems with my 61" 3DTV and shutter glasses. Not sure if it is due to the small size of the Nintendo 3Ds, but 3D without glasses is not my thing.

so then the question is will glasses free 3d be feasible long term or not??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.