AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wow... this TV will ABSOLUTELY be in my consideration when I upgrade.. I would imagine Samsung and Sony are going to have to be pretty aggressive on pricing...

a 55 inch 240hz LED Set for under $2000? WOW

·
Registered
263 Posts
damn these dont come out till june!! sucks

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The gauntlet has been thrown down....

I am not usually intrested in in Vizio products but
that pricing is INSANE

A full 55 inches

LED local dimming

240Hz framerate

Sub 2000 dollar price tag

Really, really interested in how this set performs

·
Registered
652 Posts
Now what's the likelyhood that this will force Sony and Samsung's hand with the pricing of their sets?

LED Backlighting should reduce power consumption across the board correct?

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
What's impressive is that it will most likely sport 240Hz refresh rate and you may also get a neat little $20 USB thumb drive (not that I care) with some preloaded 1080p video. This is certainly impressive. Can you say that this will cause Samsung and Sony to revisit their sizes and may have to come out with a 60" LED and have it priced at where it is now and drop their 55" prices down to near $2k price tag.

Now that the 50: 505 was released at an earth shattering price and now this 55" LED, I am now starting to gain more confidence in Vizio.

Chris

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
This must be the 55" LED LCD that Chi Mei has been working on.

Impressive pricing, it's a shame that Visio only sells stuff in North America.

·
Registered
44 Posts
At last year's (2008) CES, they announced this plasma (VP605F) to be available in June 2008. So far the product is not on the market and may never be.

The VP504F did arrived without the Silicon Optix's Reon chip set. The VP505XVT with HQV has been on the market for only a few weeks (six months of delay)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...583&highlight=

Hopefully they will do better with the LED LCD this time around.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc2000y /forum/post/15488870

At last year's (2008) CES, they announced this plasma (VP605F) to be available in June 2008. So far the product is not on the market and may never be.

The VP504F did arrived without the Silicon Optix's Reon chip set. The VP505XVT with HQV has been on the market for only a few weeks (six months of delay)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...583&highlight=

Hopefully they will do better with the LED LCD this time around.

The VP605F was scrapped. Although it had huge competition with the Panasonic 58PZ800U, Samsung 58A550, and LG 50PG30 at the price point. The VP605F was slated to be priced at $2499. I believe it would have been an inferior product in comparison to the VP505XVT technology. Let's hope that they release a VP605XVT for near $1999. That would be a steal of the century!

Chris

·
Vendor
32,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carled /forum/post/15485687

This must be the 55" LED LCD that Chi Mei has been working on.

Impressive pricing, it's a shame that Visio only sells stuff in North America.

Buy from a US dealer.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/15484259

..... Can you say that this will cause Samsung and Sony to revisit their sizes and may have to come out with a 60" LED and have it priced at where it is now and drop their 55" prices down to near $2k price tag.....

yeah right....

from $7000 to $2000 overnight?

CES koolade is being served....

TVbc

·
Registered
38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbc /forum/post/15490396

yeah right....

from $7000 to $2000 overnight?

CES koolade is being served....

TVbc

you got that right. always lots of propaganda and promises made.

don't get me wrong for less than 2k i'd have one of these hanging in my bathroom.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
It's been alot of fun watching Vizio grow and mature, going from obscure brand of TV's sold only at Costco's, to being the better bet among tier 3 budget brands to now challenging the big boys by keeping pace with the latest tech. All in about 6 years. William Wang, CEO, seems to be very commited to company.

Big gamble though listing their price, this gives Samsung and Sony time to restratagize,

can you imagine what the reaction would be by Samsung and Sony if they announced the price just prior to release? They wouldn't have known what hit them. Either way, who's the big winner? WE ARE!!!!!!!! I love this company, LOL LOL

Payoff though is it will get the buzz out there early.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Who knows....the VF550XVT may be more than 2" thick. Everything is becoming much thinner. Who wants a 3" or more chunky LCD nowadays...LOL!

Chris

1 - 20 of 42 Posts