AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 days ago I bought the 55" Sammy 3D LED 8000 series. Overall, impressed with the set, save for 1 thing. Fast motion. Tried to watch football on Sunday and the edge of the players seemed to be very blurry/pixelated and it was very tough to watch. This is such a major issue for me, that I want to return the tv.

After some intensive research, I've decided that the Panasonic 54VT25 is probably my best bet. My question is that will I get motion blur watching sports in HD on this tv? Unfortunately, wherever I go this tv never has live sports playing. It is always some demo DVD or a blu ray movie. Can someone that has this tv give me a real world explanation of how live sports look in terms of motion blur/edge pixelation?

THANKS!

- AudioNoob

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNoob /forum/post/19572794

3 days ago I bought the 55" Sammy 3D LED 8000 series. Overall, impressed with the set, save for 1 thing. Fast motion. Tried to watch football on Sunday and the edge of the players seemed to be very blurry/pixelated and it was very tough to watch. This is such a major issue for me, that I want to return the tv.

After some intensive research, I've decided that the Panasonic 54VT25 is probably my best bet. My question is that will I get motion blur watching sports in HD on this tv? Unfortunately, wherever I go this tv never has live sports playing. It is always some demo DVD or a blu ray movie. Can someone that has this tv give me a real world explanation of how live sports look in terms of motion blur/edge pixelation?

THANKS!

- AudioNoob

Just received the 54VT today. I haven't watched it yet, as I'm in the process of running the break in slides for the next few days, but I can say that after watching sports on my pops Elite Kuro, and then a high-end LED (think it was samsung, not certain if dimming was precision or edge), it convinced me that plasma was simply superior in all things that require clarity during fast motion (and that the Kuro is simply the best at... well, everything.)

I'll let you know how sports works out, because it'll be broken in and ready to calibrate right before Sunday's games. I imagine it'll be awesome, as it's currently thought of by many to be the next best thing to a Kuro.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

Does anyone else have any insight on what sports (fast motion) looks like on this set? I REALLY want to buy it but no one has a demo with a live sports broadcast on.

TIA!

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I have had quite a few customers call and complain about watching football on the led sets. Unfortunately one is limited on what can be done about it. As an avid plasma man, maybe I am biased but I have yet to really see any of the leds from any manufacturer look as good as plasma with sports. I have a samsung 58 plasma in my bedroom and even though it is 3 years old now it still looks so much more natural than the led sets.

You are going to be hard pressed to find any demos out there with fast moving pictures. The stores know it is a prolem and they work around it. I was in Magnolia the other day for black friday and noticed that all the plasmas were grouped together showing football and the leds were showing a demo of "LIFE". Go figure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.