AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've read up on some of the speakers to get on a budget....I've got around 550 bucks to drop on some speakers....I know this isn't much, but any help would be appreciated.

My basement is 14 by 21 and I am going to run a 5.1 system. Originally I was going to go in wall, but scrapped that when I realized 550 isn't going to make that happen.

thanks guys.....also what are some cheap sites to get speakers from.....i've looked at that fry's place.

Mo

·
Registered
117 Posts
here is what I would look at

RTi4s front $180/pair on the bay brand new

CSi3 center $160 on a'mazon

R150s rears $60/pair at frys

if you want to pump up to the RTi6s for fronts that will run you $40 more then you can really go all out and get RTi4s for rears instead of the R150w.

Just depends on what you want. Also if you want a sub in this price you can shop around but most people on here think you can no go wrong with the Bic H-100 from the bay $240 shipped.

so with sub

RTi4s $180 shipped

CSi3 $160 shipped

R150s $60 shipped

H-100 sub $240 shipped

total $640 shipped but I know that is a little over your budget

so no sub

RTi6 $220 shipped

CSi3 $160 shipped

RTi4 $180 shipped

total $560 shipped

You can also check out the JBL L series on the bay. They have some really good deals and they are liked on here from what I have read and they are in your budget as well if you do not get a sub with the $550

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymo15 /forum/post/12869009

Alright, I've read up on some of the speakers to get on a budget....I've got around 550 bucks to drop on some speakers....I know this isn't much, but any help would be appreciated.

My basement is 14 by 21 and I am going to run a 5.1 system. Originally I was going to go in wall, but scrapped that when I realized 550 isn't going to make that happen.

thanks guys.....also what are some cheap sites to get speakers from.....i've looked at that fry's place.

Mo

Hmm, not a lot to work with at that price. I would recommend these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Theater.html

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thank you so much....I'm assuming the bay is Ebay.
I looked and some of the stuff is a little more expensive there with the shipping, but I will keep the looking.

I am very appreciative of the specific speakers to look for. If you think of anything else, please let me know.....do you know of any other subs that are pretty good for the money? I'm looking into the one you mentioned.

Thanks

MO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have a model number for the insignia speakers you suggested? What do you think for a center piece or sub?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymo15 /forum/post/12872634

Do you have a model number for the insignia speakers you suggested? What do you think for a center piece or sub?

No, but they are at best buy for around $50.00 -80.00

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought new speakers (JBL L Series) from Ebay for right at $505.00 including the shipping. I paid a bit more for the black finish, but that is the color my wife wanted me to get.

1 pair L830's mains - $187.00 with shipping

1 LC1 center channel - $156.50 with shipping

1 pair L810's surrounds - $161.50 with shipping

I already have a very good subwoofer. I may go and get the JBL 600w sub at a later date. Maybe later get the L880's for the mains, but I really don't have much more room to put floor standing speakers.

If you take your time, you quite possibly can get the setup cheaper, the cherry and birch colored speakers seem to be going for less than what I paid.

Good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygolf /forum/post/12870012

here is what I would look at

RTi4s front $180/pair on the bay brand new

CSi3 center $160 on a'mazon

R150s rears $60/pair at frys

if you want to pump up to the RTi6s for fronts that will run you $40 more then you can really go all out and get RTi4s for rears instead of the R150w.

Just depends on what you want. Also if you want a sub in this price you can shop around but most people on here think you can no go wrong with the Bic H-100 from the bay $240 shipped.

so with sub

RTi4s $180 shipped

CSi3 $160 shipped

R150s $60 shipped

H-100 sub $240 shipped

total $640 shipped but I know that is a little over your budget

so no sub

RTi6 $220 shipped

CSi3 $160 shipped

RTi4 $180 shipped

total $560 shipped

You can also check out the JBL L series on the bay. They have some really good deals and they are liked on here from what I have read and they are in your budget as well if you do not get a sub with the $550

Just wanted to say that you can get the rti8's from frys.com for $300 a pair and depending how close you are to their store shipping may be cheaper and also the csi3 from crutchfield for $150 to get you closer to the $550. Also the Bic H-100 is a great sub for the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts