AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at my fathers house who also has a 5504 running the new software x440. I tried to connect to DVarchive on my laptop which I use at my own home but it can not find the replay unit.

With some investigation I found I can not ping the replay either, yet it can connect to the mother ship. Another DNNA trick maybe?

Yes I rebooted the replay, tried static and dynamic IP, reset the router, yes the laptop can see all the other computer, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc

The replay is BLIND except to connect to DNNA. Is DVArchive now a dead option?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Go to the offical Dvarchive site, http://www.dvarchive.org , and read the "sticky" at the top of the Forum titled: "Troubleshooting Network Steps-Long". Virtually all DVA networking issues are covered here.

Good luck...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is beyong DVArchive trouble shooting, the replay unit can not be PINGED. I am wondering if DNNA has done something again, I was very early on the last upgrade rollout.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gsulliva
This is beyong DVArchive trouble shooting, the replay unit can not be PINGED. I am wondering if DNNA has done something again, I was very early on the last upgrade rollout.
If it can net connect, it has an IP address. You are likely pinging a different

address than it is using.

From your PC, try pinging 192.168.1.255 (or substitute whatever your

subnet is for 192.168.1 and leave the .255) then run "arp -a" on your

PC and see if you see an address that might be your replay.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
gsulliva

Quote:
This is beyong DVArchive trouble shooting, the replay unit can not be PINGED
The Networkwork Troubleshooting Steps sticky that I referred to above contains many hints/tips on networking issues-- with both RTV's and DVA. Give it a look...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the above and got info that I expected

ARP -A

Interface: 192.168.1.101 --- 0x2

Internet Address Physical Address Type

192.168.1.1 00-04-3a-da-bc-0b dynamic

192.168.1.100 00-0a-97-02-92-a7 dynamic

Where x.100 is my REPLAY but when I ping it does this.

Pinging 192.168.1.100 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Strangest thing is I still can do a net connect.

P.S. I did try pinging the entire valid range of IPs that my DHCP server is setup to allow, nothing.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Some folks have changed the input port on your router with success (who knows why 1 port would go bad, but it does happen. As I read your comments, your RTV can connect with th Internet just fine-- but your pc can not find your RTV. Might also want to check/swap the pc to RTV cable.

Also, browse through, or search. the Build a Troulbleshooting checklist-- the second NOTE at the top of this Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.