AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and did some calibration to my Mitsubishi 55411.

Manual focus

Electrostatic focus

Overscan to 5%

Geometry adjusted

Service menu convergence

Lens and mirror cleaning

Basic Avia tweaking

3db attenuators

Everyone is just blown away by the picture now. I'm watching lots of TV this weekend!

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK so here comes the stupid question of the day! How does one adjust overscan? I see this all the time, but I have no idea how to do it.

Thanks, Lon

·
Registered
934 Posts
Steve, I just ordered the same set and it's arriving on Weds. Could you go over how you went about doing these adjustments or point me in the direction of some reading? Thanks.

-Beef

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you adjust overscan you will need to set your geometry and convergence. Overscan adjustment will bring the geometry out some. I also noticed that my focus went out a little after these adjustments and had to go back and do it again.

I educated myself with various tweak sections on different forums and made sure I knew exactly what to do before getting into the service menu. There is a lot to know about these HDRPTV's, if you just jump in without knowing what your doing in the service menu it can really mess up your set.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
menu 2157 push audio to get to the def jung menu push video to get to hwid this is the hozizontal size adjust to 4.5% or so. then enter to save then do vhgt (not too sure from memory) to adjust the heigth.

do this while displaying the overscan pattern from avia. You'll probably need to adjust geometry after these adjustments. Those would be found in the 2259 menu.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Overscan is adjusted by pressing menu, 2259 and the other menu 2257. This will get you into the service menu for the geometry, alignment, convergence, etc. There are tons of codes in this menu that adjust the image in different ways using both coarse and fine convergence grids.

You will need Avia or something like it to bring up a overscan template for reference.

The best place on the net for Mits adjustments is at the ***************. There is a large following of happy Mits owners and calibrators that hang out there (not to knock the AVSforum).

It took me days to get the courage to save myself from paying a pro ISF calibrator. I don't think that my way of explaining everything would suffice in one post. Besides it would take me all night to type it all! ;)

The Spot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.