AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am pulling the trigger on this unit for 2K!! Any reason I should avoid this????? I know it doesn't have dvi but I am not convinced that will be an issue.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
How long ago did you buy it? did you talk to your retailer about returning it on the "satisfaction Guarantee"? Don't lose the value in your new set, get fulll retail if possible and upgrade. If you were mislead by your salesperson telling you that DVI and other options are unimportant, say something about that. If all else fails, try a credit card chargeback, you have about 6 months to do it. And if that fails, call your local TV station. There is no reason that you should be completely stuck with this TV and selling it already without a few options to try first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AnthonyB: I think he's buying, not selling.

Atl_Buckeye: tbe doubler for SD television is significantly improved on this year's -13 models over the -11s, according to kippjones. If you can before buying, check out the -13s. That's a good price but I think it'd be worth checking out the new model's picture.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL... I can see how Anthony misread that!!

Andrew

I looked at the newer one but it is several hundred $$ more. I am juggling between the 511 and the Tosh 57h83 ($1850). I like the built in tuner of the 511 though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I am going to add 5y warranty too. Includes yearly maintanance (sp?) replacement etc... for $399. Is it worth it? It is some piece of mind

·
Registered
43 Posts

Originally posted by kippjones
Go with the '04 line. I was able to get the 55613 for $2300. $250 for the five year warranty. [/QUOTEprice

Thats a pretty good price. Mind if I ask where you got it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Atl_Buckeye
I think I am going to add 5y warranty too. Includes yearly maintanance (sp?) replacement etc... for $399. Is it worth it? It is some piece of mind

I would advise you to take that $399 and add it towards the purchase of the 55513. This years models are significantly improved.

Also, that 2k for the 55511, I think you could prolly get it cheaper.

The local place here has it for $1900, and that's without any haggling, which I'm sure most places will do with last years models since they want to get rid of them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Atl_Buckeye

I would advise you to take that $399 and add it towards the purchase of the 55513. This years models are significantly improved.

Also, that 2k for the 55511, I think you could prolly get it cheaper.

The local place here has it for $1900, and that's without any haggling, which I'm sure most places will do with last years models since they want to get rid of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.