AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever order this form Vanns.com? What shipping do they use? they told me they dont use ups or fedex but a "trucking" company. If shipped out today (ordered 2 hours or so ago) or tomorrow, when will it arrives with this trucking company and who is this trucking company? One last thing, do they curbside or deliver into the home?

·
Registered
78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrulez /forum/post/12901468

anyone ever order this form Vanns.com? What shipping do they use? they told me they dont use ups or fedex but a "trucking" company. If shipped out today (ordered 2 hours or so ago) or tomorrow, when will it arrives with this trucking company and who is this trucking company? One last thing, do they curbside or deliver into the home?

i just ordered from vanns

they used a freight company called my yellow for my order

it took about a week from when i ordered until i got it (ordered on saturday, shipped on monday, got it the following monday)

the company calls you and sets up a time to delivery, they gave me a 4 hour time frame (9am-1pm), the guy called me about 10:30 and said he'd be there in 10 minutes.

i have 5 stairs on my porch and the guy helped me carry it up them, but he said he's not allowed to set foot in my house for insurance reasons

so once it was in my house i was responsible for the other two flight of stairs down to where i set up my entertainment room (built a level below my basement)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a 60A3000 last Monday and it was delivered on Friday. I was pretty impressed that it was shipped from Montana to Oklahoma in four days. The driver helped me carry it up to just inside my front door, though I'm not sure if they will all do that. Yellow Trucking called me on the same day that I ordered the TV and I just asked for the driver to call me at least 20 minutes before delivery. He did and I drove home and got there at the same time he did. It was a great experience. I think you'll be happy.

I wanted the 55 inch, but they were out when I ordered and I was afraid to wait too long in case they sold out so I pulled the trigger on the 60. Then I got the email last Monday that they had the 55 in stock. too bad that 45 minutes before that I got the shipping notification for my 60. Oh well, I have to live with a bigger TV. I guess I can live with that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok great. Thanks. Is there any way they can ship to another address? Since my brother ordered it, its going to MI rather then NY. He then will have to reship with ups to get it to me. The order was placed with a Vanns credit card. Will that be an issue? I know that he has my address listed as a ship to on his credit cards but can he add me to his Vanns card as a ship too? Also can one change ship to address after the order has been placed. Even though they probably wont ship out until tomorrow.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrulez /forum/post/12902313

ok great. Thanks. Is there any way they can ship to another address? Since my brother ordered it, its going to MI rather then NY. He then will have to reship with ups to get it to me. The order was placed with a Vanns credit card. Will that be an issue? I know that he has my address listed as a ship to on his credit cards but can he add me to his Vanns card as a ship too? Also can one change ship to address after the order has been placed. Even though they probably wont ship out until tomorrow.

have your brother call Vanns, explain the situation then call Yellow delivery and I'm sure they will, I don't see why they wouldn't as long as your brother is the one calling, unless you say you're your brother.

I bought from vanns and they were great, yellow was great, I called them a couple of times to change my contact number and I received the TV within 5 days of the order being processed (ordered it Dec 24th, was processed Dec 26th). doesn't hurt call and ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts