AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never owned a plasma......

Bought this tv used - watched it for a couple of days and no IR. I bought a stand for it and after installing it, I'm watching it today and I see ghost like images on the left side (like bars going down the left side of the tv) along with an espn logo on the right. No way I missed this during my previous two days but I never watched ESPN when I owned the tv. Could IR from previous times pop up again? I was thinking could I have caused it by screwing in the screws to tight to the base to the back of the tv or when I laid the plasm down on it's front glass (on padding) for 2 min before putting it on the base itself? I wouldn't think so but wanted your feedback.

Anyhow - what is the best way to get rid of this IR? I am running the IR bar in the option menu but I still see it. How long will it take to go away or will it not? Also - I hear some high pitch buzzing in the top left and right corners although can't hear it unless I go behind the tv and turn the volume off. Normal?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but as an LED guy and never seeing this, my eyes are just focusing on this IR.

When you say it will be gone, is there something I can do to make this go away? If not, when does it go b/c it's really disheartening to see a great pic have an espn logo on the bottom.

EDIT - been reading about running slides to fix this. Where do I get these slides?

Edit 2 - found this link for a dvd slide show......

http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/plasmatv/#.Uz4nNNxhPwI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts