AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the issues described below have disappeared and are not reproducible now. What to do? I hate to have another unit delivered if this one is ok, but earlier the problems were severe and easy to reproduce. Could it have been a temperature issue, and now that the set is room temp I will never see those issues again? Or, should I just play it safe and get the replacement the seller has scheduled to have delivered? Help me make the right call. Thx

Took delivery today, and wouldn't you know I got a bad unit. Let it come up to room temp for a couple of hours before I even plugged it in. Turned it on, saw half the backlight disappear during the first 5 minutes of viewing. Then I lost the image altogether, and I mean not even the TV menus would display. I called and have a replacement unit scheduled for delivery.

I have it running fine now, and the weird thing is, the backlight thing is reproducible. I can tap my heel on the floor while in my viewing chair and one or more of the backlight zones will turn off. 100% reproducible on demand. Must be a loose solder or a whole bunch of loose solders. The replacement TV is from the same shipment, so I have my fingers crossed.

Bummer aside, the image fidelity is great and if I had one that worked I would be thrilled with this set.

· Registered
3,396 Posts
I'd take the replacement and send the old one back even if its currently working fine.

if it did it once it will prolly come back and do it again with time

electronics rarely magically "fix" themselves its usually the other way around

· Registered
4,324 Posts
well even if you take the replacments it doesnt mean you'll get a good one, something else might be wrong with the new unit regardless, if it doesnt occour anymore then id say keep it ..

I never heared of such a problem though, its the first time..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.